Out-of-State Student Complaint Process

Submit Complaint through RVC

Rock Valley College is committed to resolving student complaints in an expeditious and fair manner. Online students residing outside of Illinois should resolve any complaints with RVC by following the College's established student complaint process and submitting our Student Complaint Form.

Submit a Complaint

Submit Complaint through Illinois

RVC participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), which is an agreement that establishes national standards for the offering of online courses and programs. Students from states that participate in SARA may also contact the Illinois Community College Board when seeking a resolution.

Submit Complaint through your State

The College works diligently to find positive outcomes to student concerns. Please try to exhaust all possible avenues of complaint resolution before going outside the College. However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, students can file a complaint with the state in which they reside. In compliance with the Federal Department of Education regulations, a list of State Agencies with contact information for each state has been provided. 

SAN is an initiative created by WCET – the WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies. WCET is a unit of WICHE – the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education, which is the leading higher education agency serving states, students, and institutions throughout and beyond the American West. The content of this website should not be considered to be or used as legal advice.

Student Complaint Information by State and Agency