Search for Jobs & Internships
All on-campus opportunities are posted on Rock Valley College's career portal, RVC Jobs (via College Central). To get started, create an account and upload your resume to RVC Jobs. Then, you can start searching and applying for jobs under "postings to my school" and select "Student Employment" as the job type.
If you are a student interested in student employment at RVC you must:
- Have a complete financial aid file. This includes filing the FAFSA and returning all requested documents to the Financial Aid office.
- Be in good academic standing with a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Not have already earned a bachelor's degree.
- Have graduated from high school.
- Not also be employed by RVC as a regular or temporary part-time or full-time employee.
- Not be in default of a student loan.
- Maintain a minimum enrollment of half-time status (six credit hours) during the spring and fall terms.
Please note: Some jobs are only available to students with college work study.
The job search process includes four components:
- Search & apply for a student employee job
- Interview with a hiring manager
- Complete new hire paperwork and background check
- Attend new student employee orientation
An internship is a career-related experience where students take on responsive roles within companies or organizations to enhance their understanding beyond the classroom. An internship is usually a one-time experience that is directly supervised by a professional in the respective field. Students learn by completing established goals and learning objectives throughout the internship.
- Paid – Employer pays 100% of the student wages during an approved time-frame. We encourage this option as more student applications will typically result. Paying interns guarantees full compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Unpaid/Volunteer – Students gain valuable experience for their resume, build a network of work references, and can validate their chosen career path.
- College Credit (in combination with paid or unpaid) – Student must be pre-approved and complete a minimum 75 hours on-site per credit hour earned. A student must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA to qualify. Tuition will be charged per credit.
Time frames may vary i.e. part-time and full-time for a semester, two semesters, a summer, or possibly longer.
Get a head start on your career with an internship! Student internships can help you:
- Earn college credit
- Gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Develop industry contacts
- Get a competitive edge for today's job market
- Build a professional resume or portfolio
To qualify, students must meet the following requirements:
- Attend a minimum of two semesters with 20 credit hours completed on/or before the start of an internship.
- A GPA of 2.0 or better or a 2.5 for internships where academic credit will be earned.
Ready to get started? Students interested in the internship program should complete the Student Internship Application.
- Career Services
- (815) 921-4146
- RVC Main Campus
Student Center, Second Floor
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Student employment has many benefits, from reducing debt to networking professionally. And, working 12-15 hours per week on-campus has shown to improve academic achievement.
Access Career Services
Career Services offers support to any individual who has ever taken a class at Rock Valley College. Our services include:
Learn how to create a strong resume to highlight your skills and experiences related to the jobs you apply for.
Meet with our team to practice your interview skills – from answering questions to dressing professionally.
Job Search Help
The job search process can be scary, but it doesn't have to be! Our team is here to help you throughout the entire process.
Don't know where to start? That's okay too! Let's start a conversation to see where your professional interests are.
Hire an Eagle
Are you an employer looking to hire our talented students or alumni? You can post jobs and internship opportunities through RVC Jobs. Please reach out to RVC Career Services with questions.Go to RVC Jobs