Attend RVC full-time in the last semester of your senior year to earn dual credit toward finishing high school diploma and starting your college degree.
How to Get Started
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your eligibility.
- Apply to Rock Valley College
- Complete and submit RVC’s ACCUPLACER test or submit SAT/ACT scores for possible waiver of placement testing.
Minimum required SAT scores: 550 or above in Math, 480 or above in Evidence-based Reading and Writing for tests taken 2/1/19 or later (510 is required for tests taken 3/17/18-1/31/19)
Minimum required ACT scores: 19 or above in Reading, 19 or above in English, and 22 or above in Math
Minimum required ACCUPLACER scores: 246 Reading, 250 Writing, and 257 QAS
- Early College
- (815) 921-4080
- (815) 921-4089
- RVC Main Campus
CLII, Room 153
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
High schools identify qualified students based on the district agreement with RVC and any additional district specific criteria. Please check with your high school.
- Strong academic standing in high school to guarantee high school graduation at completion of senior semester program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in high school at the time of application.
- Must be in at least their junior year of high school to apply for the Senior Semester program.
- Completed three years of math, including: one year of Algebra and one year of Geometry or Integrated Math 1 and Integrated Math 2 with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester of each course by the end of junior year.
- Completed three years of English with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester of each course by the end of the junior year.
- Completed one year of Chemistry with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester by the end of the junior year.
- Note: For students entering the Senior Semester program in Spring 2023 only, grades of “P” will be acceptable for semesters in which the high school used pass/fail grading.