While this program is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid, students in this program
may be eligble to apply for other funding sources.
Free tuition through the ATC Tuition Waiver Program is limited to the course and program enrollment capacity. Course, program, or institutional fees, textbooks, and related instructional materials are not provided as part of the free tuition. Free Tuition is limited to residents of RVC’s service area, District 511.
Students in the CNC Machining program may qualify for funding and support services with RVC's Workforce Equity Initiative Program (WEI).
About the Program
This program delivers a customized curriculum to prepare you for a career in advanced manufacturing. You will learn the skills necessary to enter the manufacturing environment at an entry level position with a solid foundation of shop math, blueprint interpretation, metrology, and Computer Numeric Control (CNC) setup/operation skills. This program provides an entry path to a CNC career and a great foundation for anyone interested in pursuing our CNC certificate for college credits.
The CNC program is located at the Advanced Technology Center (ATC). As of July 10, 2023, the program will be offered as a 24-week program, consisting of two 12-week sessions.
The next cohort will begin July 10, 2023, ending on December 21. Classes are held Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- First 12-Weeks – Students will learn foundational skills, blueprint reading, CAD modeling, shop safety, and basic CNC machine knowledge.
- Second 12-Weeks – Students will learn entry-level machine operation and setup, CNC G-Code, CAM programming, and part processing.
What can I do with this degree?
Potential Careers & Wages
The estimated average annual salary of CNC Machinists is Illinois is $49,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. View more information on potential wages and job prospects related to CNC.
Students should meet with an Academic Advisor to develop a clear pathway leading to a seamless transfer experience or transition to the workforce. For additional possibilities that may require an advanced degree or certification, make an appointment with an Academic Advisor.
- The program cost is $5,000 per 12-Week Session.
- Full scholarships are available! Ask us how you can get your tuition, books, and tools covered using the ATC Tuition Waiver!
- Some students may qualify for the Workforce Equity Initiative Program (WEI) at RVC. Qualified students will receive stipends to cover the cost of tuition, fees, and materials for courses required to complete the identified short-term certificate. You will also be provided with wrap-around support services, such as life and career coaching and financial support for transportation and child care, addressing your individual needs to be successful in completing educational requirements and securing post-completion employment.