Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013
Media Contact: Dave Costello, 815-921-4516
Rockford – Rock Valley College President Dr. Jack Becherer and CEANCI Board President Dr. Dennis Harezlak announced a new partnership initiative today, Advance Now.
What is Advance Now?
· Advance Now will offer centralized career training courses for junior and seniors enrolled in high schools in the Rock Valley College District.
· Students enrolled in this program will be awarded dual or articulated credit.
· Programs offered align with the Illinois Pathways Initiative, College and Career Readiness Standards, and Rockford Area Economic Development Council studies.
· The initial programs offered will be in high growth-high demand careers including manufacturing, health science, fire science, automotive technology, aviation maintenance, and business.
· Advance Now programs will be offered at RVC's Stenstrom Center for Career Education.
· Advance Now will be administered by Rock Valley College staff and aided in recruiting efforts and funding by CEANCI.
· Advance Now students will not pay for:
2) Transportation (to be provided by CEANCI member school districts)
Further information for students and parents of current high school sophomores and juniors will be available by contacting high school counseling offices, Rock Valley College's High School Connections office at 815-921-4080 or the CEANCI office at 815‑921-1650.
Centralized training opportunities will also be available for adult learners who have interest in these specific career areas.