Have fun. Try stuff. RVC gives you opportunities to get involved. There are lots of student activities to choose from. We offer more than 20 clubs and organizations. Try your hands at student government. Join the staff of our campus newspaper. What's it going to be?
RVC competes in NJCAA Division III in men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, golf, baseball, softball, men's and women's tennis, and men's and women's soccer. Not to brag, but we're pretty good at it. Our teams have won 13 national championships and we have had more than 130 All-Americans.
Whether your plan is to take classes and transfer to a four-year university or enter one of our career programs designed to get you into the workforce right away, Rock Valley College has what you are looking for. Select from one of our more than 60 transfer areas or more than 30 career programs.
Whether you are new to the college or know your way around, we have a variety of services designed to help you succeed. We're here for you every step of the way.
At Rock Valley College, you're not just a number. Our highly respected faculty have master's degrees, doctorates and real-world experience. You won't be competing for attention in a huge lecture hall. Our average class size is 21, so you'll get a chance to interact, challenge and be challenged by your instructors.
The Estelle M. Black Library at Rock Valley College features nearly 75,000 volumes and more than 650 periodicals, and access to the interlibrary loan system. It also features spaces for individual and group study, and if you get thirsty, there's a coffee shop in the lobby!
Think you have what it takes to be a Golden Eagle? Here are the 15 steps you need to follow in order to compete in any athletic program here at Rock Valley College:
1. Contact the coach for your sport.
2. Fill out the on-line prospective player questionnaire for your sport (if applicable):
3. Send any high school game film you may have.
4. Fill out RVC's Enrollment Information Form.
5. Send High School transcript to RVC (or GED Equivalent).
6. If transcript does not include SAT or ACT scores, please send one or the other to RVC.
7. Take the ACCUPLACER placement test (this can be taken before you arrive). To maximize test performance and obtain highest course placements, preparing for ACCUPLACER is strongly recommended. Check out the Review and Preparation section on our web site.
8. Complete financial aid paperwork.
9. Attend Athlete Orientation.
10. Complete all necessary insurance forms.
11. Understand and sign in-district residency form.
12. Secure housing arrangements (this is your responsibility).
13. Must make arrangements with athletic trainer or coach to take a physical at RVC with the team doctor.
14. Athletes should secure primary insurance through parent’s insurance or from a private carrier if there is no family insurance.
15. Get ready to compete!
If you have any questions, please contact the athletics administrative office at (815) 921-3801 or email@example.com. Forms can be faxed to (815) 921-3829.