TEAS (Nursing Entrance Exam)
About the Entrance Exam
All students applying to RVC's Nursing program must complete the ATI TEAS Test (Nursing Entrance Exam) prior to the submission of an application to the Nursing/ADN program.
- The ATI TEAS tests students in four areas: Reading, Math, Science, and English.
- The ATI TEAS test has a time limit of three and a half hours for completion.
- The cost to test is $97
It is essential to prepare well for this exam. Study materials may be obtained from ATI Testing for a fee. Study guides are also available for purchase at Amazon or bookstores. Visit Registered Nursing to access a free review guide with material that covers every topic on the TEAS.
- Testing Center
- (815) 921-2385
- Email Testing Center
- RVC Main Campus
Student Center, Ground Floor
- Monday and Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Placement Testing Walk-Ins:
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
By Appointment Only:
Tuesday and Wednesday: 5:30 p.m.
Register to Test
Registration is done directly through ATI. TEAS Fall 2023 Registration is now open.
To register, create an account at atitesting.com/teas. Rock Valley College ADN must be your institution of choice and your profile must be saved in order to view and select testing dates. After creating an account, you will be asked to select the following: Program Type (TEAS for Nursing Students), Country (USA), State (Illinois), and City (Rockford). Note: You will need to remember your username and password for the day of your test.
On Test Day
- Arrive to the Testing Center 10 minutes prior to the start of the exam.
- Bring a valid photo ID, such as your driver's license, state ID, or passport.
- Note: You will need to remember your ATI username and password (created at the time you registered with ATI).
TEAS scores are visible on the testing screen upon test completion and will be accessible thereafter within your ATI account.
Upon Test Completion
An application to the Nursing (ADN) program must be submitted. For more information, visit the Nursing program page.