You would make our RVC tutors so happy if you would sign up for a session with them!
Tutors and Writing Coaches are here for you in-person and online to help you with your classes - for FREE!
Call or email the Tutoring & Writing Center at (815) 921-2370 or RVC-Tutoring@RockValleyCollege.edu.
Need an IN-PERSON appointment?
Just stop by The Tutoring Center in-person (Student Center/SC; lower level; room SC 0104) OR call the Tutoring Center (815) 921-2370.
Need an ONLINE appointment?
It's best to stop by in-person (Student Center/SC; lower level; room SC 0104) OR call the Tutoring Center (815) 921-2370.
Read steps 1. through 4. below. Keep the steps handy because you'll follow them AFTER you click the blue link at the bottom of this section for "Meet online with an RVC Tutor."
For a demonstration, watch these videos made by a couple of our very own Rock Valley College Tutors:
- How to book an online tutoring session with a Rock Valley College tutor. (Tutor Matching Service)
- How to submit a paper, assignment, or essay for review. (Upswing)
- How to book an online tutoring session when no RVC tutor is available. (Upswing)
- Find a Tutor | By going through the different search options, you should be able to find the perfect tutor fit, someone who has the right expertise to help you get ahead in your course. Tip: An example of searching by Subject is: Math > Algebra. An example of searching by Course is: MTH120.
- Book or message the Tutor | At some point it will ask you to create a TMS account. We recommend using your Rock Valley College email address to do that. It will want to verify your RVC email, so be sure that you can access that. Be Sure to Select Central Time Zone! After finding a tutor, check their calendar and see if there is a time that works for you. If there is, go ahead and book the tutor. If not, feel free to message the Tutor to suggest a different time.
- Check-out | It will take you less than a minute to go through the checkout process to confirm your tutoring session. You'll get a confirmation message as soon as you checkout. The tutor will get the same message, which will provide you and the tutor with a link to where you should meet. It will also include the date and time, as well as other important information.
- Need Help? | Tutor Matching Service Helpdesk is available M - F 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at (877) 919-8886 or email@example.com. You can also contact the RVC Tutoring & Writing Center at (815) 921-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.