1) Remove all early forms of Office on your computer.
2) Remember, Office 365 does NOT work with Google Chrome.
3) Log into the portal using your Semail@example.com - not Sfirstname.lastname@example.org. This is a one-time address we use to verify you are an eligible RVC student.
Effective January 5, 2015
As an RVC student, you can install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for FREE on your personal computers and mobile devices. Office 365 ProPlus includes full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote, and can be installed on up to five personally-owned PCs/Macs and up to five mobile devices, including iOS and Android devices.
The software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline; however, you must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify you are still eligible for the program.
You will need your student ID number (your s#) and your network password.
1. Microsoft recommends you uninstall any copy of Office installed on your computer before downloading Office 365 ProPlus.
2. Use the computer you want to install it on to download the software. PC for the PC version, Mac for the Mac version, etc. (do not try to install on an RVC computer).
3. Microsoft recommends using Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari (Google Chrome is not supported).
5. Log into the portal using your Semail@example.com
DO NOT ENTER YOUR PASSWORD at this point. Do NOT enter @student.rockvalleycollege.edu. The Sfirstname.lastname@example.org used here is just for this portal to verify you are an eligible RVC student.
6. Click "Sign in"
7. You will then see the Rock Valley College sign-in box:
8. Enter rvcnet\S# and your RVC network password (do NOT add @rockvalleycollege.edu this time)
User Name: rvcnet\s0123456
9. Upon successful log in you will arrive at the Office 365 Microsoft Office installation page. From there you can follow Microsoft's directions.
What devices can I install Office on?
How long can I keep my license for Office 365 ProPlus?
If you are a current student enrolled for one or more credits at RVC, you are eligible for the Office 365 ProPlus license. You must have an s# and a network password. You also must connect to the Internet once every 30 days to verify you are still eligible for the program.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus subscription license?
How many devices can I install the software on?
Each subscription license allows you to install Microsoft Office on up to five computers. You can also run Office Mobile for Android or iPhone on up to five mobile devices.
Is this a full version of Office, available for offline use?
Yes. The software has the same features and functions as other versions of Office and can be used offline.
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Windows?
What applications are included with Office 365 ProPlus for Mac?
Will I be able to use Microsoft Exchange through Office 365 ProPlus?
No, not at this time. RVC currently uses Gmail for student email.
Is this available to RVC faculty and staff?
Only faculty or staff members who are also currently enrolled as a student have access to the software in Student Advantage using their s#. However, faculty and staff can go to the Help Desk in WTC 244 to request a copy of the Microsoft Office media available via the Microsoft Home Use Program for employees.