What is TRiO Complete?
First awarded in 2015 and funded by the U.S. Department of Education, TRiO SSS-Complete provides individual and group services to students so that they may overcome class, academic, social, and cultural barriers to complete their education.
Who can participate?
Program participants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent residents and must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student: A student whose parents have not received a bachelor's degree;
- Be a low-income student: A student whose family meets federal income eligibility guidelines as verified by Rock Valley College; or
- Be a student with a documented physical, psychological, and/or learning disability that may impact their success as a student and is verified by Disability Support Services at Rock Valley College.
What services are offered?
TRiO assigns each student with an academic advisor/life coach who will help guide them throughout their academic career at RVC. Their advisor will work with the student to develop a plan for academic success that, if they work hard and stay on track, will lead to graduation and continued success at a 4-year college or their chosen career.
In addition to the increased mentoring and support provided by program advisors, other TRiO services include the following:
- Pre-academic advising
- Cultural enrichment
- Social networking
- Financial aid assistance
- Life coaching
- Financial & economic literacy workshops
- Academic goal setting
- Study skills workshops (ex., time management, note taking, improving study habits)
- Career exploration
- Limited Laptop Lending Program
- Summer Learning Community for entering Freshmen
How can I apply?
Any eligible student who is currently enrolled or has been accepted for enrollment at Rock Valley College can submit an application to the TRiO program. Applications can be picked up from the TRiO Complete office on the Second floor of the Student Center or downloaded from the TRiO complete website.
Admission to the TRiO SSS-Complete program is not automatic. Completed applications will be evaluated for eligibility and admission. If admitted, you will be notified about the next steps to begin your involvement with the program.