Testing Guidelines for Students
Providing testing services for students with disabilities requires careful scheduling of both the professional staff and the physical space available in the Testing Center. Therefore, it is imperative that students make their accommodation requests for testing as early as possible. The following guidelines have been established to assist students with advance planning to ensure that their needs are met in a timely manner.
- Contact DSS office to request this accommodation by phone: (815-921-2371, Email: RVC-DisabilityServices@rockvalleycollege.edu or stop by)
- Eligibility for this accommodation is determined via an interactive conversation between the student and the Accommodations Specialist
- Once the Accommodations Specialist has granted approval, this accommodation will be automatically requested by DSS every semester
- Faculty will be notified of the accommodation via the Faculty Notification Letter
- Note for online exams: students requiring their online exams and quizzes in audio format will need to upload a screen reader to read the content. A free screen reader is available through the DSS office and instructions on using it can be arranged by contacting Fred Williams, the Assistive Technology Specialist at (815) 921-2355 or F.Williams@rockvalleycollege.edu.
- Students are responsible for contacting the DSS office regarding any questions or concerns they may have in relation to this accommodation.
Contact Information for the Testing Center
The Testing Center is located on the ground floor of the Student Center.
Phone: (815) 921-2380
Monday, Thursday & Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Select Saturdays 8:00 a.m. – Noon
Students should reference the Testing Center Guidelines for important information on coordinating exam accommodations in the Testing Center.
Please Note: Friday, Saturday, and evening hours are subject to change during Summer, Spring Break, and between Fall and Spring semesters. Please contact the Testing Center to verify hours of operation during these periods.