A Strong Foundation Means a Well-Constructed Future
For 50 years Rock Valley College has been building our community by providing quality, affordable education, job training skills, personal interest courses, and leisure activities from concerts to international tours. The college is also constructing the future by creating strategic partnerships, developing programs in high demand fields, and helping hard-working people earn degrees without leaving home.
The RVC Foundation supports these vital activities by raising funds from private sources. Like the foundation of a building, our support is not always visible but it makes a difference every day. In fact, the Foundation has been doing this since 1979 when it was established by community leaders who recognized Rock Valley College's valuable role in providing higher education at the regional level.
The Rock Valley College Foundation is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit corporation and donations are tax-deductible.
Rock Valley College is state-assisted not state supported. Your generous gifts help the Rock Valley College Foundation to:
- Provide scholarships to deserving students. Students who could not afford to attend school or purchase textbooks are in class because of Foundation scholarships. These scholarships are for students in credit, and selected non-credit and workforce development programs.
- Maintain academic excellence by supporting faculty development and leadership opportunities.
- Purchase state-of-the-art instructional equipment and supplies. Music labs, the library, science labs, and many classrooms all have equipment purchased with Foundation funding.
- Support activities that complement the college's educational offerings, enhance the experience of current students, and bring new students to campus. Recent activities have included the 2015 David H. Caskey Memorial Lecture:The Muslim World-What are we Afraid of?, three nutrition and diet lectures during National Nutrition Month, and performance of Tres Vidas, a chamber music theatre work based on the lives of three legendary Latin American Women: Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, Salvadoran peasant activist Rufina Amaya and Argentinean poet Alfonsina Storni.
- Respond to special and unpredicted needs of the college through the general unrestricted fund.
- Enhance campus facilities to expand existing programs, broaden regional cultural offerings, and build educational partnerships that will positively impact the regional workforce.
Gifts to the RVC Foundation may take several forms:
- Current gifts of cash, securities, or other personal or real property.
- Deferred gifts by wills, life insurance policies, or transfer by or through trusts.
By supporting Rock Valley College, you are ensuring a bright and strong future for your community—immeasurable returns that reach beyond your lifetime in positive results.
For More Information
With your assistance the Rock Valley College Foundation will continue to meet the needs of the college and our district.
Making a contribution to the Foundation is easy. Donate now!
Rock Valley College Foundation
3301 North Mulford Road
Rockford, IL 61114-5699
The Rock Valley College Foundation welcomes your gifts and will provide written confirmation and receipt of your donation.