The mission of the Fitness, Wellness & Sport department is to provide quality offerings in the areas of career education, physical development and community outreach. We accomplish our mission by providing the highest quality programs and services to:
- Provide professional courses to prepare students for careers in the field of Fitness, Wellness & Sport.
- Provide physical development courses designed to improve individual fitness levels and develop sport and lifetime activity skills.
- Provide community outreach programs in the areas of fitness, wellness and sport.
For information on the steps you need to take to get started at RVC, contact Admissions at (815) 921-4250. For additional information on specific courses in the Fitness, Wellness and Sport department, contact the FWS department directly at (815) 921-3804. If you intend to transfer from RVC to a four-year college or university should check with that institution to see how our courses transfer.
Personal Training Internship - Summer 2019
Are you looking to get into shape this summer? We're in need of 8 volunteers. This is a 9-week commitment that will consist of three days of training on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 7:00-8:30 a.m. or 7:30-9:00 a.m. from June 10 - August 9.
The volunteers MUST to be committed to helping our students complete the 150 hour internship and Personal Training Certificate program. This means, you must be willing to:
- Show up ON TIME for EVERY exercise session - ready to exercise!
- Be willing to send in some personal information and fitness goals before the start of the internship
- Have body measurements taken and complete fitness assessments
- Allow students to discuss your body measurements, fitness assessments, and progress for their final presentation, (which will be done in a tasteful way)
Volunteers MUST attend all training sessions. There is NO time available for breaks in the training (i.e. vacations, business trips, etc.).
Please do not volunteer unless you can commit to ALL sessions, as there are NO makeup days. Those who have volunteered in the past are welcome to volunteer again.
Please DO NOT volunteer if you know there are days you will miss or you cannot get here by the 7 a.m. or 7:30 a.m. start time!
To volunteer please fill out the following questionnaire and email it to Katie Buss at K.Buss@rockvalleycollege.edu