The following procedures indicate steps to be taken by an applicant for the Aviation Maintenance Technology program.
1. You must complete the Rock Valley College application online or fill it out and return it to the Student Center Information Desk.
Rock Valley College
Student Center Information Desk
3301 N. Mulford Rd.
Rockford, Il 61114
2. You must complete the Aviation Maintenance Technology “Information Request Form” online and contact the recruitment office at (815) 921-4250 to set up a required one-on-one meeting with a Coordinator of New Student Enrollment.
3. Determine placement by completing the placement test (ACCUPLACER) or by providing ACT/SAT scores (test must be completed within the last 3 years) or a college transcript.
4. Applicants must be high school graduates, GED earners, or high school students in good standing.
Note: Federal regulations state that a mechanics license, Airframe or Powerplant, can only be issued to individuals 18 years of age or older.
5. Upon registration applicants must complete a participant agreement form and any other forms required by the college and attend an orientation session prior to beginning the program.
6. Seats in the program are limited and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants who are not selected one semester will be automatically moved to the waitlist for the following semester.