Requirements for all A.A.S. degrees include:
1. Completion of one of the career education programs, including a minimum of 64 semester credits. Courses numbered from 100 through 299, excluding certificate level courses so indicated under “Course Descriptions,” can be used toward the 64 semester credits.
2. A maximum of three semester credits may be earned in Fitness, Wellness & Sport physical education activity classes (numbered 100-199).
3. A minimum grade point average of 2.0 (“C” average on a 4.0 scale).
4. Effective with summer of 1999, students must receive grades of C or better in ENG 101 and ENG 103 (if ENG 103 is required for the program).
5. Successful completion of at least 20 semester credits at Rock Valley College.
Requirements for certificates
Occupational certificate programs are developed and offered in areas where job-entry training and educational requirements usually can be met in less than two years. These short-term programs are excellent options for the student who is interested in quickly gaining skills for employment.
A number of certificates are offered either as part of career education degree programs or stand-alone certificates. Requirements for a certificate include the following:
1. For certificates with less than 30 credit hours, a minimum grade of “C” is required in each course required in the certificate.
2. For certificates of 30 or greater credit hours, a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (“C” on a 4.0 scale) is required.
3. Substitution of appropriate, approved courses may be made in certificates to a maximum of one-fourth of the credit hours in the respective certificate.