If you have a Commercial Drivers’ License, please do not apply for supervision before you call our office staff at (815) 921-3940.
Applications and payment of fines and fees are handled by the county where you received your ticket, not Rock Valley College. Scroll down for links to the payment page for the counties we serve.
If you received your ticket in a county served by Rock Valley College, you have three options:
1. Sign the back, bottom of the blue copy of the ticket in the "appearance plea of guilty and waiver” section. If you received printouts of your citation instead of the multiform copies, you will need to return the copy that says “court communication copy.”
2. Fill out the Plea of Guilty and Application for/with Court Supervision form, and the Rock Valley College Traffic Safety Program Registration form, found inside the colored envelope (if you are in doubt of your eligibility call our office at 815-921-3940).
3. Enclose the amount of your fine plus the class fee in a single payment, made payable to the Circuit Clerk. Payment methods allowed for mail-in supervision in each county are:
As of July 1, 2019, fines for all minor traffic violations are $164.
4. Mail everything to the Circuit Clerk, in the colored envelope you were provided. Do not send cash!
5. You may also pay everything in person at the Circuit Clerk’s office in the county where the ticket was issued.
Follow the link below to the county where you received your ticket and make sure to follow instructions carefully. These websites are not maintained by Rock Valley College. If you make the wrong selection, you will need to contact the Circuit Clerk of the county where you received your ticket for further assistance. Please note that you will still need to submit a registration form, either electronically or by mail to the Circuit Clerk, not Rock Valley College:
Boone County (green envelope) You will still need to submit a registration form to the Circuit Clerk’s office after payment.
Carroll County (gray envelope) You will still need to submit a registration form to the Circuit Clerk’s office.
Jo Daviess County (purple envelope) You will still need to submit the registration form to the Circuit Clerk’s office.
Lee County (orange envelope) You will still need to send the registration form to the Circuit Clerk’s office.
Ogle County (blue envelope) You will be prompted to fill out a registration form during the process, which you will need to send to the Circuit Clerk’s office.
Stephenson County (gold/yellow envelope) You will still need to send your registration form to the Circuit Clerk’s office.
Winnebago County (pink/red envelope) Select “Criminal/Traffic Information” then click on “Resolve my Traffic Ticket” to pay the fine and fees to take the class. On the next page, select the second option, which will allow you to sign up for Traffic School. You will be prompted to fill out a registration form during the process.
6. The application is due (must arrive) at least three days before the date written on the front of the ticket on the bottom, in the appearance section.
7. If the officer took your driver’s license, you may include a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment for a more prompt return of your license.