For Current CNAs
(.5 Credit) If you have not been employed as a CNA for a continuous 24 months, then you may be eligible to recertify.
Eligibility to Recertify:
PRIOR to registering for class these steps MUST be followed: (This is a Southern Illinois University website and the class is through Rock Valley College.)
- Complete the online form
- AFTER completing online form call (877) 262-9259 and provide name and Social Security number.
- Upon completion of a search of the Registry by SIU to verify your eligibility to recertify, you will receive an email from SIU containing a letter, a performance skills book, the manual skills form and instructional page on how to use the online registration program.
- Register for recertification class with Rock Valley College Continuing Education Office
- REGISTER ONLINE ONLY! Course code: NRS 031
- Email a copy of your recertification letter from SIU to Yvonne Busker at Y.Busker@RockValleyCollege.edu - If Yvonne does not have a copy of your letter, prior to class, you will be dropped from the class.
IDPH requires participants to have a valid finger print criminal background check prior to taking this class, referred to as a FEE APP. For verification of FEE APP, please call, (815) 921-3905, Continuing Education Manager.
You may NOT register to test until after completing the recertification class (additional fee of $75). Test information will be provided in class. Online and virtual testing options available.
CLASS & CLINICAL INFORMATION
- Negative COVID-19 test within 7-10 days of class (CVS N. 2nd St. in Machesney Park. Register online – choose “work in healthcare facility”.)
- Flu shot required for classes in October and November
- Face mask required
- Face shield required for clinical (provided if needed)
1st Class: Classroom/Theory
2nd Class: Off-site clinical for multi-skills evaluation. Must attend both!