TechWorks is an employer-driven training organization that develops and delivers a customized curriculum to prepare you for a career in advanced manufacturing in just six to eight weeks.
Whether you are new to the manufacturing field or continued education is your goal, our small classroom size and hands-on training allows us to graduate highly employable individuals into our regional workforce. Currently, two credentials are offered:
- Measurement Materials & Safety
- CNC Lathe or Mill Operator Level One
In our TechWorks program you will learn the skills necessary to enter the manufacturing environment at an entry level position with a solid foundation of shop math, blueprint interpretation, metrology and CNC setup/operation skills.
You may be a good fit for TechWorks if you:
- have a desire to work in the advanced manufacturing field.
- have graduated from high school or completed your GED or college education and are interested in a career in a secure industry.
- are unemployed, underemployed or you want to make a career change to a secure industry.
- are interested in the opportunity to potentially program CNC machinery.
- are interested in continuing your education to advance in the manufacturing environment.
- seek a challenging and financially rewarding career in the growing manufacturing sector.
Steps to Start the Program
- Attend a TechWorks orientation where all of your questions regarding the training and potential careers will be answered. Call (815) 921-2192 to find out when our next orientation session will take place.
- Complete WorkKeys assessments.
- Complete and pass drug testing.
The cost of the class is $2,850 We also offer a payment program or you can contact Rock Valley College's Dislocated Workers Program at (815) 921-2200 or Rock River Training at (815) 847-7574 for funding of the TechWorks program.
- The first week of class is Job Readiness (20 hours).
- The CNC portion of class is six weeks (150 hours): Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Our optimal TechWorks class size is eight students.
- In 2014, we held 12 classes and graduated 87 students with more than 70% finding employment.