Rock Valley College

Transition Services

The Adult Education department has a Transitions Coordinator who is available to assist students with a variety of needs while transitioning into college or a career. Below are some of the one-on-one services that the Transitions Coordinator can offer to Adult Education students.

Career Exploration

  • Assistance looking at different career options (wages, local job openings, education needed to apply)
  • Assessments to help you determine what jobs may be a good fit for you based on your skills and interests
  • Explore what programs Rock Valley College has to offer
  • Introduction of ICAPS programs, if interested

Assistance Applying to College

  • Guidance through the Getting Started Steps - apply, take placement test, pick out classes, enroll

Assistance finding funding for college

  • Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • Explore scholarships
  • Assistance enrolling in the Workforce Connection, if eligible

Referrals to other agencies as necessary

Call the Transitions Coordinator at (815) 921-4296 to make an appointment!