What is Mechatronics?
Mechatronics is an emerging field that blends skills in mechanical, electrical, and computer systems. Mechatronics technicians and engineering technologists use a combination of mechanical, electrical, computer, and software skills to work with smart technologies, such as robots, automated guided systems, and computer-integrated manufacturing equipment.
Learn more about Mechatronics.
What is the Mechatronics ICAPS program?
The Mechatronics ICAPS is a short-term program that helps prepare students for employment in the mechatronics field as an electrical and electronic engineering technician, an industrial machinery mechanic, or a mechanical engineering technician. Qualifying students earn a college certificate with academic support.
- Academic support in the college courses
- An additional academic support class that provides assistance with college coursework, test preparation, and college & career readiness skills
- Transition to college and help with any obstacles that arise
- Assistance with the financial aid process
- Books and materials that are provided at no cost
- Employability skills and assistance with job search
- Preparation for Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) exam, an industry-recognized credential for graphics.
Financial Assistance may be available.
- Former or current adult education students
- GED graduates
- Prospective students whose first language is not English
- Prospective students who place into developmental reading on the ACCUPLACER placement test
- Prospective students attempting college for the second time
- MEC 100/101/102 - Mechanical Systems (3 credits)
- MEC 110111/112 - Electrical Systems (3 credits)
- MEC 120/121/122 - Graphics (3 credits)
- MEC 130/131/132 - Robot Design and Application (3 credits)
- MEC 140/141/142 - Advanced Manufacturing (3 credits)
- STU 103 - Workplace Ethics (1 credit)
- Academic Support Class
Classes are in the evenings on the main campus and online.
The ICAPS application is open for Spring 2022 Semester .
Please complete the interest survey below to be contacted by our staff!
Interested and want to learn more? Fill out the form below.