Earn a welding certificate in 9-12 months!
The Industrial Welder ICAPS is a short-term program that helps prepare students for employment as an entry-level welder. Qualifying students earn a college certificate with academic support.
- Academic support in the college classroom
- An additional academic support class that provides assistance with college coursework, test preparation, and college & career readiness skills
- Transition to college and help with any obstacles that arise
- Assistance with the financial aid process
- Books and materials that are provided at no cost
- Employability skills and assistance with job search
- Preparation for the American Welding Society's D 1.1 certification exam
Financial Assistance may be available
- Former or current adult education students
- GED graduates
- Prospective students whose first language is not English
- Prospective students who place into developmental reading on the ACCUPLACER placement test
- Prospective students attempting college for the second time
- WLD 100 - Introduction to Welding (3 credits)
- WLD 153 - Arc Welding: Flat/Horizontal (3 credits)
- WLD 150 - Blueprint for Welders (3 credits)
- WLD 157 - M.I.G. Welding (3 credits)
- WLD 158 - T.I.G. Welding (3 credits)
- STU 103 - Workplace Ethics (1 credit)
- Academic Support courses each semester
The ICAPS application for Spring 2021 Semester is now closed.
You can complete the interest survey now to plan for the next session.