Rock Valley College COVID-19 Response
Updated July 20, 2022
Governor Pritzker announced that the executive order for higher education has been lifted; therefore, RVC is changing its COVID-19 response effective immediately. Here is a summary of those changes:
- Cases of COVID-19 will no longer be tracked through RVC – cases will be tracked and traced via an individual's local health department.
- Data regarding COVID infections among RVC students and employees will no longer be available on the college website. Local information can be found at the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- RVC students and employees no longer need to self-report COVID symptoms, exposure, or positive cases to the college. However, students should contact the Dean of Students Office if they are ill (for any reason) and require medical leave.
- If on leave, students and employees should follow up with their healthcare provider regarding a return to school/work date.
- RVC will no longer require proof of vaccination status or weekly testing.
- For employees, HB 1167 has expired. Therefore, employees will no longer be reinstated for COVID-related sick leave.
Here at RVC, for your safety and well-being, we will continue to:
- monitor air quality at all locations
- have temperature check stations in all buildings
- continue to follow sanitization protocols, and
- follow the college's Communicable Disease Policy.
If you experience symptoms and suspect you may be infected with COVID, free community testing continues to be available at SHIELD Illinois COVID-19 Testing at 1601 Parkview Ave., Rockford, IL.
Thank you for your continued patience and adaptability as we navigate the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic together. Together, we are RVC Strong and keep our college a safe place to learn and work.
Off-Campus, Community Testing
Free community-based testing sites are available in our community. Anyone who needs a test can get tested regardless of symptoms. SHIELD Illinois offers free community testing across the state. Patients can find a community testing location and the community testing agency code to add to their accounts. For more information about SHIELD testing click here.
State COVID Shield Community-Based Testing
Many local pharmacies also offer COVID-19 tests. Pharmacies require appointments that can be scheduled online. Please reach out to your local pharmacy for more information.
Most COVID-19 testing does not require any out of pocket payment at this time. Do not pay a fee for a COVID-19 test.