In order to take your placement test at a remote location, follow the steps below.
1. Submit a completed Enrollment Form
2. Check RVC placement requirements to see if you have met our requirements in another way (i.e. ACT, SAT, GED, Transcripts)
3. Consider preparing for the placement test
4. Find an ACCUPLACER Testing Center in your area. The testing Center at your local community college, can likely serve as a resource for this.
NOTE: Contact the Rock Valley College Testing Center (815-921-2385) if you cannot make it to a local ACCUPLACER Test Site.
5. Contact RVC Testing Center either via email or by phone (815) 921-2385 indicating your interest in taking the ACCUPLACER placement test for RVC at an alternate location. Be sure to include the following:
6. Upon receipt of this information, RVC Testing Center staff will generate a voucher to be used for testing at your chosen ACCUPLACER institution. You will receive an e-mail confirmation. If after 48 hours and after checking your spam/junk folders you have not received the e-mail confirmation, contact us at 815-921-2385 or via email.
7. Contact your designated proctor to make arrangements for them to proctor your ACCUPLACER placement test. You will need to bring the voucher, a photo ID and any payments required by your chosen institution.
8. Upon test completion, contact RVC Testing Center by phone (815-921-2385) or via email letting us know that you have completed testing so that we can retrieve your test scores.