Appointments are required for all testing. It is your responsibility to take an examination by the instructor specified deadline, within the Testing Center's hours of operation.
The Testing Center is the central location for all testing services and programs offered at RVC. We are committed to providing a quiet, professional and stress-free testing environment for our students.
The following guidelines have been established:
- Photo identification is required for all testing
- Students should come into the Testing Center knowing the name of the instructor and class
- For academic make-up testing, arrangements must be made with the instructor prior to arrival at the Testing Center
- Tests cannot be started within 1/2 hour of closing
- All electronic devices must be stored in provided locker
- Books, notes and any other test aids not approved by the instructor must be stored in provided locker
- Snacks or drinks are not permitted in the testing areas
- Children are not allowed into any testing areas
- Students suspected of cheating or violating an instructor's examination instructions will be reported to the appropriate authority
- Unless specified by the instructor, any exam must be completed in one sitting
- Students should check their RVC mail accounts for instructor changes to the examination deadline or requirements prior to arrival at the Testing Center
- Students should be prepared to lock up all personal items. Personal items Include, but are not limited to: hats with a brim, all electronics devices, wearable technology, head phones, purses, covers to calculators, backpacks, all food and drink.
The Testing Center will have scratch paper, pencils and a limited supply of calculators available. If you require the use of a computer to complete your exam (instructor approval required), they are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Students requiring special testing assistance or accommodations must obtain pre-approval from the Disability Support Services office.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our guidelines. We look forward to working with you to meet your testing needs.