The Bridge Programs are grant funded, 8 week summer programs that assist qualifying high school students in their transition to post-secondary education and the workplace while earning college credit.
Current Program Offerings
Manufacturing and Mechatronics are currently open to High School Juniors and Graduating Seniors.
- Time: June 13, 2022 – August 4, 2022
- Classes run: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Summer 2022 Programs include:
- Introductory course content for Manufacturing Bridge Program:
- Manufacturing Processes I (MET-110) provides an introduction to machining processes including milling, turning, grinding, drilling, and cutoff operations. Laboratory activities include the fundamentals of machine setup and operations, tooling, precision measurement, process safety, care, and maintenance. This course is offered at a regional training center in partnership with Rock Valley College.
- Introductory course content for Mechatronics Bridge Program:
- Mechanical Systems I (MEC-100) covers basic safety practices types of hand tools and fasteners, foundational mechanical principles, lubrication, and troubleshooting associated with introductory mechatronics.
- Mechanical Systems II (MEC-101) is the second of three courses studying basic mechanical components and their function within a complex mechatronics system. This course introduces basic mechanical transmission systems (e.g., belt drives, chain drives, and gear drive systems).
- Mechanical Systems III (MEC-102) is on fundamental mechanical systems and introduces the basics of bearings, bearing maintenance and troubleshooting, bearing installation; coupling types, coupling installation, coupling/shaft alignment; and seals and gaskets.
- Student Development (STU) course
- Resumes, interview skills, career/academic plans, and other workplace readiness skills
- Industry tours and other activities
These programs are funded by the Innovative Bridge and Transition Grant – tuition and textbooks are covered. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
How to Apply
Deadline Extended! Applications are being accepted through May 27, 2022 or until seats fill.
Students will be notified of their acceptance by early May.