Attend RVC full-time in the last semester of senior year to earn dual credit toward completing a high school diploma while beginning an Associate’s degree.
- High schools identify qualified students based on the district agreement with RVC and any additional district specific criteria. (May vary by district).
- Strong academic standing in high school to guarantee high school graduation at completion of senior semester program.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in high school at the time of application.
- Must be in at least their junior year of high school to apply for the Senior Semester program.
- Completed three years of math, including: one year of Algebra and one year of Geometry or Integrated Math 1 and Integrated Math 2 with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester of each course by the end of junior year.
- Completed three years of English with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester of each course by the end of the junior year.
- Completed one year of Chemistry with a grade of “B” or higher in each semester by the end of the junior year.
Note: For students entering the Senior Semester program in Spring 2023 only, grades of “P” will be acceptable for semesters in which the high school used pass/fail grading.
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your eligibility.
- Complete the RVC Enrollment Form online (Must be completed at least 2 business days prior to testing)
- Complete and submit RVC’s ACCUPLACER test or submit SAT/ACT scores for possible waiver of placement testing.
- Minimum required SAT scores:
- 550 or above in Math
- 480 or above in Evidence-based Reading and Writing for tests taken 2/1/19 or later; 510 is required for tests taken 3/17/18-1/31/19
- Minimum required ACT scores:
- 19 or above in Reading
- 19 or above in English
- 22 or above in Math
- Minimum required ACCUPLACER scores:
- 246 Reading
- 250 Writing
- 257 QAS