Nominations are being accepted for this year's 2021 Student Commencement Speaker!
Please consider nominating a student who you feel would make a great speaker at this year's ceremony. Student nominees should meet the following basic criteria (according to your knowledge):
- Student is in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
- Student is a model citizen (with no outstanding college disciplinary record and/or criminal record)
- Student has applied for graduation with Records and Registration by the March 1 deadline.
The commencement planning team will review all submissions, and nominees will be required to audition their speech before a panel of judges.
The Student Commencement Speaker will receive:
- Commencement plaque/name included on the RVC perpetual commencement plaque
- Lunch with RVC Leadership Member and two other guests of the student's choice
- Designated parking on the day of commencement
- VIP seating for up to four (4) guests
- DVD copy of speech (limit one)
Nominations are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Auditions will be held on Monday, April 5, 2021 from 1-5pm via Zoom.