Pillar I: Access
Provide district residents with improved accessibility to college, training, and careers.
- Strategic Goal 1: Provide district residents with improved accessibility to credit programs and certificates.
- Strategic Goal 2: Provide district residents with improved accessibility to non-credit programs, certificates, and training.
Pillar II: Exceptional Educational Opportunities
Provide high-quality certificates, degrees, and co-curricular programs to meet district/community and regional needs and improve student success.
- Strategic Goal 1 (Academic Plan): Ensure high-quality and relevant certificate, degree, and co-curricular programs.
- Strategic Goal 2 (Academic Plan; Strategic Enrollment Plan): Improve student readiness, academic success, and sense of belonging.
Pillar III: Exceptional Training Opportunities
Provide high-quality training and professional development to align to college, district/community, and regional needs and where employees and learners can make progress towards their educational and career goals.
- Strategic Goal 1 (Workforce Development Plan): Increase the number of grants, scholarships, and endowments to support students enrolled in credit and non-credit programs that meet the regional workforce’s need for skilled employees.
- Strategic Goal 2 (Professional Development Plan): Provide high-quality training and professional development to improve human performance and bridge the gap between college needs and employees’ educational and career goals.
Pillar IV: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive campus that improves campus culture, promotes accountability for the campus DEI effort, and increases the cultural competence of all employees, learners, and other stakeholder groups.
- Strategic Goal 1 (DEI Plan): Improve the campus culture by establishing cultural competence, trust, and a sense of belonging among employees and learners.
- Strategic Goal 2 (DEI Plan): Close equity gaps so that students from diverse racial, gender, and socioeconomic backgrounds can access and achieve their academic and career goals.
- Strategic Goal 3 (DEI Plan): Employ a culturally competent workforce that reflects student and community demographics.
Learn about the Strategic Plan Progress
Leadership will review the Strategic Plan quarterly and report on updates using a scorecard. The latest Strategic Plan Quarterly Update was presented to the RVC Board of Trustees Committee of the Whole on August 9, 2022. View the latest quarterly report here.