The Rock Valley College Music Department is pleased to announce its 2016-2017 Music Scholarship Auditions. The Music Department has over $40,000 to award for the upcoming school year to present and future RVC students who participate in one of our many performing ensembles during 2016-2017.
Pianists may also apply as accompanists. Our ensembles include the RVC Orchestra, RVC Chamber Singers, RVC Jazz Band, RVC Women’s Choir, RVC Concert Band, RVC Concert Choir, and other fine ensembles and combos.
These scholarships are available to students in all majors, and are renewable annually. The awards are available to students in any major who will be enrolled at RVC during 2016-2017.
Scholarship auditions will be held on Tuesday, May 10 and Wednesday, May 11, 2016 in the Performing Arts Room on the RVC campus. Auditions will be observed and assessed by our faculty.
Students must fill out TWO applications by May 8, 2016.
1) Fill out the Music Audition application (found at the bottom of this page)
2) Fill out the RVC Foundation's online scholarship form as you might be eligible for even more scholarship support. Note: Foundation scholarship application dates are April 1-May 16, 2016.
Be sure to fill out both scholarship forms completely.
3) Prepare a representative solo work.
4) Show up 15 minutes early (or more) for your assigned audition time.
5) Perform the prepared selection for our panel of musicians at your appointed time.
6) Prepare to be interviewed to discuss your plans for participating in our ensembles in the upcoming year. Bring your questions!
Scholarship winners will be informed of their awards by June 15, 2016. Winners need to be actively participating in an RVC performance ensemble before awards are received.
We will listen to music from other styles as well. Note: vocal auditions also double as auditions for our Chamber Singers and Women’s Choir. Interested students will be asked to sightread, sing patterns, and explore their ranges.
For more audition preparation suggestions, we recommend the following links:
If you have any additional questions, please call Paul Laprade by e-mail at email@example.com.