Whether your plan is to take classes and transfer to a four-year university or enter one of our career programs designed to get you into the workforce right away, Rock Valley College has what you are looking for. Select from one of our more than 60 transfer areas or more than 30 career programs.
Whether you are new to the college or know your way around, we have a variety of services designed to help you succeed. We're here for you every step of the way.
Have fun. Try stuff. RVC gives you opportunities to get involved. There are lots of student activities to choose from. We offer more than 20 clubs and organizations. Try your hands at student government. Join the staff of our campus newspaper. What's it going to be?
At Rock Valley College, you're not just a number. Our highly respected faculty have master's degrees, doctorates and real-world experience. You won't be competing for attention in a huge lecture hall. Our average class size is 21, so you'll get a chance to interact, challenge and be challenged by your instructors.
The Estelle M. Black Library at Rock Valley College features nearly 75,000 volumes and more than 650 periodicals, and access to the interlibrary loan system. It also features spaces for individual and group study, and if you get thirsty, there's a coffee shop in the lobby!
RVC competes in NJCAA Division III in men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, golf, baseball, softball, men's and women's tennis, and men's and women's soccer. Not to brag, but we're pretty good at it. Our teams have won 11 national championships and we have had more than 130 All-Americans.
HUM 120 is an interdisciplinary class that focuses on the study of Chile. We cover a variety of topics, such as geography, history, art, literature, music, food, etc. The class consists of:
1) RVC tuition payable to RVC (tuition is waived if you are a full time employee or his/her dependent, $261 for 3 credits (in district) plus fees (tuition and fees might change). Tuition needs to be paid by February 11, 2015.
Tuition for Senior Citizens: Students 62-64 years of age who are residents of Rock Valley College District 511 qualify for a reduced tuition rate of $25 per credit hour. Students age 65 and over who are district residents may attend credit classes tuition free. All other fees will be assessed at a full rate for students in both age categories. The tuition reduction is not applicable for enrollment in non-credit seminars, classes, or programs. *In order for a student to receive this discount they must inform the Records and Registration office of their senior citizen status prior to enrolling in the course.
2) Actual trip to Chile payable to Lindstrom Travel Agency. ($650 deposit when you sign up, $1,400 by November 21, 2014, and final payment of approximately $1,425 by January 5 2015); $3,475 (estimated total cost for trip*)
* - Airfares not available until 330 days prior. Firm price will not be known until April 2014.
3) Entry reciprocity fee payable upon entry to Chile (cash or credit card). Multiple entries valid for 10 years; $166
4) Other expenses not included above: passport (passport should be valid at least until October 2015); driver and local guide tipping (plan for approximately $15 per day for driver and guide, plus restaurant tipping); most lunches (see itinerary below); beverages with meals; your personal expenses. We highly recommend that you purchase trip insurance through Lindstrom as well.
Here is a list of most relevant dates/schedule:
|Now:||Go to Lindstrom Travel agency to pay the $650 deposit fee. Registration is now open. Get RVC forms from Lindstrom. Lindstrom Travel is located on 5970 Guilford Rd (and Mulford), Rockford. 815-398-8888. Contact person: Dick Sturm at firstname.lastname@example.org|
|After you pay deposit:
||We will keep all names in a list and will register everyone in HUM 120 on January 20, 2015. You do not need to register yourself; we will do it for you. Make sure you let us know if you are taking the class for credit or as an audit (cost is the same). You need to pay RVC tuition by February 11, 2015.
|November 21, 2014:
||Pay second installment to Lindstrom $1400 by November 21, 2014.
|January 5, 2015:
||Pay Lindstrom the remainder of the trip, $1,425 (estimated), by January 5, 2015.
|January 20, 2015:
||Turn in all forms and necessary paperwork to Cristina Szterensus (CLII 244) or Elvira Ventimiglia (CLII 245) by January 20, 2015. Attach two copies of your passport. You will not be able to join the trip without all necessary forms and copies of passport. Please give to faculty in hand or leave in CLII FSO office in our mailboxes.
|February 7, 2015:
||Mandatory Orientation Meeting: All meetings are Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon @ RVC CL II 228
|February 11, 2015:
||Payment of RVC tuition is due by this day. You will be dropped unless Accounting receives your payment.
|February 14, 21, & 28, 2015
|March 6 or 7, 2015 (TBD)