How to Apply for Grants
Completing the FAFSA
- The first step to applying for financial aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is done by going on-line to fafsa.gov.
- Providing the school code for Rock Valley College, 001747, ensures that your information is sent to our institution.
- Each FAFSA application requires the student (and parent, if student is dependent) to sign the application with their FSA ID. You can establish FSA ID while processing the FAFSA, however, if you are having problems you can go to the FSA ID website at FSA ID.gov
- The phone number for Federal Student Aid is (800) 433-3243.
- Apply for Financial Aid immediatly after it opens on October 1st to ensure your maximum eligibility. Take note of the priority deadline dates at Rock Valley College below so that you don't run into problems of not having your financial aid completed in our office by the payment due dates.
- Make sure that you have submitted an enrollment form including your social security number or the Financial Aid office will not receive your FAFSA application.
- The priority deadlines dates for filing the FAFSA and turning in additional financial aid documents are:
- Summer: March 1
- Fall: May 1
- Spring: October 1
Priority deadlines guarantee the completion of your financial aid file prior to the first payment deadline date. (All required documents must be submitted prior to this date for priority consideration)
How to Apply for Student Loans
All loans are processed by request. Applications can be picked up at the Financial Aid office (second floor of the Student Center). For more information please visit our loans page.